Cashew nuts W240 is a large, white, whole cashew that has between 220 and 240 nuts/pound (485 – 530 beans/kg) and is known internationally as Premium Large Nuts.
They have a nutty flavor and a rich taste to be USED in recipes of salted cashew nuts, honey cashews, whole-grain salt-roasted cashews, chili garlic cashews, wasabi cashews …or to be processed by salting, sugaring, flavoring, roasting, oil frying or industrial processing into cashew cheese or cashew butter … The name W240 cashew nut means:
W stands for “White Whole” cashews.
If the color is a little dark, it will become SW 240, which stands for “Scorched Whole” 240.
The number 240 signifies how many kernels are there in 1 pound (Lb) of cashew.
That’s how you get grades like W240, W320, W450, SW320, etc… The bigger the number is, the smaller the kernels will be.
- Color: White / Pale ivory / Light ash
- Condition: Whole Cashew Nuts Kernel
- Grade: ww240 (AFI standard)
- Nut Count/pound: 220-240 nuts
- Nut Count/kg: 485-530 nuts
- Moisture: Max 5% (as customer’s request)
- Broken: Max 10% (as customer’s request)
- Lower Size Grade: Max 10% (as customer’s request)
- Defects: Max 8% (as customer’s request)
- Origin: Vietnam
- Quality inspection: Cafe Control / SGS / your QC inspection before shipment.
- Packing: In 2 x 25 lbs (11.34 kgs) vacuumed tins in cartons or In 1 x 50 lbs (22.68 kgs) vacuum flexy pouches in cartons or….., 700 cartons in 20′ Full Load Containers or as specific customer requirement.